Covered Topics

Please see the list of the topics I've covered. It's located near the bottom of the page. Thanks for stopping in!!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Casting Aluminum



















During my work on my Master's degree, I was extremely fortunate to have access to a complete machine shop and foundry through the school. The students there can take a "Materials and Processes" course that teaches the rudiments of welding , lathe and vertical mill, metal forging and casting. I actually obtained special permission to take this undergraduate level course as an elective during my last semester of graduate work. As soon as I complete this post, I will be uploading a video I took of an actual pour to my YouTube site.

Below is a photo of the C-clamp I machined into a finished project from a casting I also made.



















Here is the direct linkto the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4t1URw4iiA


And here is the link to my main YouTube site:
www.youtube.com/user/KarlsLabReport



No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are welcome! Spam, or any abusive or profane comments will be deleted.