Covered Topics

Please see the list of the topics I've covered. It's located near the bottom of the page. Thanks for stopping in!!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Geodesic Domes and Other Interesting Stuff


Given the very real inflation in food prices (which the main stream media and government continue to insist isn't happening), I have been looking for ways to grow vegetables into the late Fall and Winter season to augment my groceries and save money. As I was researching materials and techniques for building a small greenhouse to extend the growing season, I came upon this interesting site:

http://diyready.com/build-a-268-square-foot-geodesic-dome-for-300/

Granted, this thing is MUCH larger than what I need at present. But the design may be scaled up or down, and has numerous advantages of structural regidity and good performance in windy locations. It would be ideal for long term camping or even as expedient housing in an emergency. The parent site, http://diyready.com, has some good links for other do-yourself projects as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are welcome! Spam, or any abusive or profane comments will be deleted.